Skip to main content >
LEARN MORE ABOUT WORKING CONTRACT
All warranties are void if the environment of the home is not properly maintained. Bridgeport Carpets is not liable, if the flooring fails, due to environmental changes or improper flooring maintenance.
- All work shall be completed in a workmanship like manner and in compliance with all building codes and other applicable laws.
- To the extent required by law all work shall be performed by individuals duly licensed and authorized by law to perform said work.
- Bridgeport Carpets shall furnish owner appropriate releases or waivers of lien for all work performed or materials provided at the time the next periodic payment shall be due.
- Bridgeport Carpets doesn’t construct any of the products it sells and can’t be held liable for manufacturing defects. Any defect or warranty issue with the product must be claimed against the Manufacturer of the items. Manufacturer warranties can be provided upon request. Any issue with product quality does not justify non-payment to Bridgeport Carpets.
- Colors may vary from samples. Bridgeport Carpets can’t be held liable on any color issues. Bridgeport Carpets doesn't guarantee to match new flooring to existing.
- Bridgeport Carpets warrants it is adequately insured for injury to its employees and others incurring loss or injury as a result of the acts of contractor or its employees.
- Damage Waver: Minor scratches and dents on walls and baseboards are a part of flooring installation and in most cases is unavoidable. Not responsible for any hidden wiring such as alarms or any other electronic systems left in the work area. We will be as careful as possible with moving your furniture, but we will not accept liability for any damage occurred while moving items. Any items that are fragile or may damage from lifting must be moved by owner.
- Bridgeport Carpets agrees to remove all debris and leave the premises in broom clean condition.
- In the event owner shall fail to pay any periodic or installation payment due hereunder, contractor may cease work without breach pending payment or resolution of any dispute. Any unpaid balances shall incur a 1.5% monthly finance charge plus expenses and court/legal fees incurred collecting balances due.
- Bridgeport Carpets shall not be liable for any delay due to circumstances beyond its control including carpet mill and trucking delays or general unavailability of materials.
- Bridgeport Carpets doesn’t move waterbeds, aquariums, safes, antiques, grandfather clocks, pianos, living animals, or cut down doors.
- All carpet purchased from Bridgeport Carpets have a limited lifetime warranty based on the texture retention warranty of the carpet. Any carpet with no texture warranty will have a 1 year labor warranty. Hardwood, Laminate, & LVT/LVP have a 5 year limited warranty on installation. Tile and Sheet Vinyl have a 1 year limited warranty. Details on the labor warranty information can be provided upon request.
- In some carpets seams may be more visible than others due to peaking and style of carpet. No carpet seam is invisible.
- When resetting your toilet, if plumbing to be changed or corrected or the inner workings of the Toilet fail, you will need to hire a plumber to reset/repair the Toilet. We will refund what we charged to reset the toilet on your signed contract, not the bill from the plumber or service person. We are Not licensed plumbers and can NOT make plumbing repairs.
- We will move and put back your Refrigerator/Washer/Dryer as needed, but if the inner workings of the appliance fails or if the appliance can NOT be reconnected, you will need to hire a plumber or appliance person repair/reconnect the appliance. If we cant reset the appliance we will credit the amount we charged on your signed contract to move the appliance, not the bill from the plumber or appliance service person.
- We will need at least a 48 hour notice of cancellation of an installation date after you are already on the schedule. Last minute cancellations will be assessed a $75 fee.
- Bridgeport Carpets will confirm that the conditions of the home are acceptable for your flooring at time of sale and day of installation. Bridgeport Carpets will take measurements to confirm that any wood installed to have a reading with-in 2% to 6% of the sub-flooring which meets the requirements for proper acclamation. It is the responsibility of the homeowner to maintain these conditions.. Bridgeport Carpets will not accept any liability of damage to flooring from moisture or humidity that may cause floors to cup, crown or wrinkle. Moisture above 12% in crawlspace/basement will cause these problems to occur.